What this procedure involves:
- A course of 3 injections of platelet-rich-plasma into a joint or tendon.
- We take a sample of your own blood, spin the blood to separate out the portion which promotes healing. Then we inject this component back into the joint or tendon.
- Anaesthetic is used to reduce the discomfort associated with this procedure.
- This treatment involves a course of three injections performed over three months.
- The cost of the injection also includes a scan of the affected joint.